To Kotovice the municipality Nový and Záluží also belongs. The village is located 4km northwest of Stod. The earliest recorded mention of the village comes from the year 1272, when it was the property of the convent in Chotěšov.
Dominant in the area around Kotovice is a monastery baroque yard Gigant in Záluží. The building of current design was started about in the middle of the 17th century and finished in 1711. There is an old lime tree standing at the yard, which is more than 350 years old and its trunk has 691cm in girth. About 500m southwestwards behind the yard Gigant there is Dvorský pond of the size of 400 hectares. It was revitalised 2000-2002. Nowadays, Gigant yard is under reconstruction and is being prepared for recreation and other business use.
Chapels were reconstructed, public parks were revitalised in all three municipalities. During the program revitalisation of the countryside a multifunctional playground for children was built in Kotovice. The municipality has 275 inhabitants today.