The village is located on the left bank of the Radbuza river 350m above the sea level, 3km west of Stod. On its southwest edge an old fortified settlement is located. The history of Hradec goes back 1000 years to the past, it belongs to important centres of Slavic settlements. In 1186 Hradec belonged to Kladruby Monastery. In 1284 the king Václav donated it to Premonstratensian Convent in Chotěšov. St. Vojtch´s church is remembered with the year 1354 here. In 1406 a provost from Chotěšov called Sulek defeated Bavarian raiders of German antiemperor Ruprecht from Falz, who were plundering the land, in the battle of Hradec. Summoned by Václav IV. Sulek took about 7000 infantrymen and a big number of carriages, waited for the enemy outside Hradec and defeated the enemy with a sudden attack out of the camp. After the 30-year-long war the village was due to summons of Convent authorities populated by German immigrants, whose descendants were after 1945 displaced to Germany. In 1921 there were 628 inhabitants living in the village. 540 out of them claimed to be of German origin. St.George church from the 14th century became same as Slavonic fortified settlement a cultural monument. After the fire in 1773 it was reconstructed again. The main alter is of early baroque origin. Side altars probably come from the same period. There is a churchyard around the church.
Interesting is also the baroque building of the parish with identification number 1. In the big villa from 1910 there was Dr. W.Linhart´s sanatorium before the Second World War. He was a descendat of a famous medical family coming from Hradec. Today the municipal office Hradec u Stoda has its seat there. Northeast of the church a one-floor school building was built at the turn of the 19th and 20th century. In the location called "na Hrobech" westwards from the village a large Slavonic fortified settlement was located. The six-hectar two-part settlement was built between 9th and 13th century and has mounts and fosses. St.Lawrence church, dating back to 1298, used to stand there. In the 14th century a fortress was established next to the church. The church was in 1669 enlarged by about a half, vaulted, provided with bigger windows and a little tower. The building was reconstructed last in 1768. After closing the Convent in Chotěšov the church was closed, too, sold and finally destroyed. A road to Lisov goes through the fortified settlement, which nowadays is covered with a colony of family houses. 1,5km south of the village on the right bank of the Radbuza river a group of 40 - 50 prehistorical burial mounds is located. Their culture origin has not been determined yet. A three-span railway stone viaduct arches over the valley between the village and the Slavonic fortified settlement. Down the village a three-span metal and concrete bridge goes over the Radbuza river. On the northwest edge of the village there is a flooded quarry suitable for swimming in summer. Today 520 inhabitants live there.